Thursday 15 May 2014

I'm Not a Joiner

I have serious committment issues, so I don't join sew-alongs, or contests, or theme months. For me, signing up for something is the kiss of death to any creative endeavours.

 To that end, I didn't join the Sew Dolly Clackett fest. But that didn't stop me from making a dress; in fact, I am making three.
Cambie and Simplicity 2444 & Cambie combo.

I didn't sign up for the Vintage Pattern Pledge either, even tho' I have one dress at the tweaking phase,  another one cut out, and a third in the pipeline.

A mash-up of two vintage Style dresses and a vintage McCalls.

And I am definitely not doing Me-Made May, even tho' I wear me-made or second-hand clothing almost every day of the year. Maybe you have already seen photos of my first two weeks?

Seamless pledge? -yup. An unofficial participant, that's me. I only buy socks, bras, knickers, and my year-round-essential wool t-shirts, but I have a bra pattern and material in the queue, and I am about to take the plunge and make my own smalls.

I wonder what I won't join next?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of your dress projects. Seeing fabric and pattern together like that just makes me want to stop everything and sew! You are definitely a stealth joiner, but you many not be ready to admit it ;) Personally I love the social side of sewing as I have no IRL friends that sew and it was getting a bit lonely discussing the merits of seam finishes with the dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a wise woman! Most of the friends I had who sew don't seem to sew anymore, or they don't sew clothing. Quilting has become all the rage here. Beautiful quilts too, but that just isn't me. Tho' maybe I should start making squares of the leftover fabric and see where that leads me.

      Delete